Tuesday, March 18, 2008

About Madrid in holidays


Madrid is the city I was born and where I actually live and work. Madrid is a city of about 5 million people. Ok, may be it is not very big, but it is very crowd and everybody are running from one place to the other all the time. I never realize how fast that is my life until I am on holidays.

For me the best time of the day is breakfast, these relaxing 10 minutes where everything is silent. Once I leave home, I have to run everywhere I go. If I go by car, there is always a traffic-jam, if I decide to take the subway I run as fast I can to catch the next, although I know that if I lose it, the next subway will arrive in the next 2 minutes. These 2 minutes are as a lifetime. I said to myself, ohh shit!, 2 minutes what I am going to do in all this time!! This is a waste of time!! I know it is crazy but you just do not realize.
Sometimes when I return home from work I can not remember all the things I have done during the day.
I don't thing I am special, it is just the city.

For this reason, when I am on holidays I love my city. Madrid is wonderful without hurry.
This week is 'Semana santa', a religius holidays in spain, so madrid is empty, I love when this happen. You can go to cinemas, cafes or just to walk without a lot of people around you.
For example today I took my bike, and I have enjoyed a really nice walk.

So if you want to visit my city I recommend you to come in August, there is not as hot as in July, and there 40% less of population.
Enjoy it!

No comments: